Thursday, August 23, 2012

Baby Flower Poncho

After making the Sweater/Cardigan from Nicki Trenches  "Cute and Easy Crocheted Baby Clothes", I thought I would tackle the Tasseled Baby Poncho on page 88. I thought this would take me a while but to my surprise it did not take long at all! I followed the pattern but when it came down to the fringe I decided not to put it on. Instead I added my own border and some small flowers:


For the main color I used James C. Brett top value yarn color 8449, it does not have a color name but looks like a cream color. For the border and the flowers I used left over yarn that i had in my yarn basket.
The border for the neck is part of Nikki Trenches pattern but for the bottom border I did 2 rows of single crochets all the way around the poncho.
Join yarn in the front or back point of the poncho.
Row 1: 1 sc in each sc around join with sl st.
Row 2:  Ch 1, 1sc in the point, sc in every sc to the next point, 2 sc in the point, then 1 sc in every sc around, join and end off.
I used the flower pattern on page 37 in the book.


                                             This was a fun and easy project! Great for beginners!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! can't believe you made this already, was just talking to you late this morning and you were just talking about it!!

    Glad you left the fringe off, it would have been too much for the sweet baby!! :)

    still plodding away on my granny stripe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, I agree with your Mom. You are one speedy gal with the hook! I agree that the fringe is better left off for little ones. I sometimes wonder what designers are thinking. Buttons seem to be popular on childrens quilts too...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree fringe has no business on baby clothing. Just like buttons have no business on a baby quilt either. You sure are quick to finish! Nice poncho, Sandi

    ReplyDelete