Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cute Hat! (Free pattern)

I would like to start out by saying that my prayers go out to the families of those involved in the tragedy  in Newtown Connecticut.

Last week I posted about some great cowls, so this week I wanted to share with you a cute hat pattern. I made this hat in a few different colors and it looks good in every color and you can decorate them with some really different buttons.

You can find the pattern here.

This was an easy pattern and it did not take long to finish a hat.  I followed the pattern but I made one change, I added two extra rows (So I did row 8 three times) and then did row 9, 10, and 11. 
So here is what I came up with, A bunch of cute hats that would be great for gifts!



The purple one was done in Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Heathers by Premier Yarns, the color is: Deep Waters. The Cream color hat was done in Softee Chunky by Bernat  in Natural. The Grey hat was done in Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand the color used was Grey Marble



The multi-color hat was done in Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Weight by Premier Yarns, the color is: Almond. The last hat was done in James C Brett Top Value Yarn in shade 843, (the color is a tan color). This is a DK yarn so I used two strands together while crocheting the hat.

I was trying out different yarns and found that the chunky yarns work the best. Each hat took about 1 skein of yarn, they were about 3.5 oz (100gms) each, the buttons used were found at the local fabric store.

I cannot believe that christmas is almost here, that means that the end of the year is right around the corner. In 2013 I was thinking about doing a granny square challenge. I am going to challenge myself to make a granny square a day for all of 2013. Wow that's 365 granny squares to make into projects. I have been looking at different books and all over the internet to find 365 different patterns and I think that I may have found enough. If anyone would like to challenge themselves join me in the 365 Grannies for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment