Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Free Cowl/Scarf patterns


This year the cowl has been popular, I have seen them sold in many stores and many people have been wearing them. My daughter-in -law was crocheting one and I asked her about the pattern, she told me it was easy to make. My younger daughter asked if I could make her one, so I began looking for patterns on the Internet. Here is a photo of the the three different cowls that I made.



The black and grey cowl was made using Vanna's Choice yarn by Lion Brand, the color is charcoal print, I used a size K (6.5mm) crochet hook and the following pattern. It reminds me of the granny stripe blanket I made last summer. This is a long cowl so when you wear it it needs to be doubled.

Here is what it looks like close-up. I love the colors of this yarn!

The Grey Cowl was done using another Vanna's choice yarn, the color is grey marble. This was made using a size K (6.5mm) crochet hook and the pattern found at here. This cowl was easy to make and is shorter so you can just put it on.

This yarn has a great texture and was easy to work with!

I was looking for something a little different and could not find anything so here is something that I hooked up: 
The Garden Lattice Cowl



The pattern uses a bulky yarn (5), I used Deborah Norville, Serenity Chunky Weight Yarn.
Color: Red Bayou
Crochet hook size K (6.5 mm)

Chain 108 and join with a ss to form a ring.

Round 1: Chain 6 (counts as first dc and a chain 3), skip 3 chains and dc in the next chain, ch 3, repeat from * around and join with a ss in the 3rd chain of chain 6

Round 2: Ch 6, dc in the next dc, * ch 3, dc in the next dc, repeat from * around to the last dc, ch 3 ss in 3rd chain of chain 6

Round 3-13: Repeat round 2. 

Weave in ends. 

You can crochet more rows to make the cowl longer.

These cowls were all easy and fun to make. They make great christmas gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Lynne! will have to make one of these! :)

    ReplyDelete