Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Just Off The Hook!

Last week I was looking through my crochet stuff and ran across a pattern that I purchased last year and never made. It is called "Sweet Summer Sweater" by Glamour 4 You. I  got this pattern because this sweater reminds me of a crochet t-shirt. 

How many times do we purchase a pattern or a yarn that we really like and have good intentions to use it, but it end up putting in a box or on a self, thinking we will get to it later?

Well it was time to use the pattern and the yarn that I bought for it! I dusted off the pattern and grabbed the yarn and set out to make my summer sweater. And here is the finished sweater, it was easier to make than I thought it would be.  


I used a multi-color yarn called Sirdar Summer Stripes (# 309 Savannah). Since it is a DK yarn and the pattern calls for a worsted weight, I crocheted the sweater with two strands together. (I used 9 skeins of yarn and each skein was 50 grams). I am looking forward to wearing this sweater when the weather gets a little warmer.

You can find the pattern at Glamour4You and crochet yourself your own unique Summer Sweater!


Finishing this sweater has motivated me to take out the blue yarn I purchased last summer and make that cute vest I saw in my Japanese crochet book!

Have a great week!
Crochet on,
Da

1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete