- I am going to knit a scarf, yes I know this is a crochet blog and I tried knitting one other time but I thought it would be good to know the basics of knitting. Are there any rules about mixing knit and crochet?
- I would like to use up all of my scrap yarn, so I will be making a scarf using different weights of yarn and types of yarn to see how it comes out! I and thinking of a striped Boho type scarf. I will keep you posted on my progress and release the pattern soon. I know it is against the rules to mix different weights and textures of yarn, but I am kinda of a rule breaker!
- The third thing I would like to do is dye my own yarn, I love all the hand dyed yarns out there, so I thought I would try it out! Has anyone out there tried to dye their own yarn?
This scarf was done with 2 skeins of Expression Fiber Arts, Yak Silk Sport yarn in Pearl Taupe and size 5 knitting needles.
The scarf measures 44" long by 8 1/2 " wide
This is my first attempt at writing a knitting pattern)
CO 45 sts
1. [K] every stitch to the end of row for 16 rows
2. [K 10, P 25, K 10] to the end of the row
3. [K] every stitch to the end of row
Repeat 2 and 3 until the scarf is the desired length
4. [K] every stitch to the end of row for 16 rows, save a few yards of yarn and BO, weave in ends.
CO = cast on
BO = Bind off
K = knit
P = Pearl
It took me a long time to knit this scarf, so I think I will stick to crochet for now and maybe try another knitting project in the future.
Now that I have finished this scarf, I am ready to use up my scrap yarn for my next scarf!
Have a great week!
Sorry I am very late to post this, I dye yarn and all kinds of fiber for spinning. If you are going to try it I would recommend using kool-aid the first time. You can have fun without all of the equipment you need for acid dyes . Like face masks, pots, thermometer, etc. you can you tube videos on the specifics, I love how,the,reds turn out, they are the deepest colors.Good luck to you, I really like,your blog, thank you ! Have fun!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the advice, I have been waiting for the weather to get a little better before I indulge in yarn dying.