Monday, April 18, 2016

Color Bloc Blanket

For my birthday in February, my Associated Student Body (ASB) students surprised me with a basket of yarn. Since I am the activities director at the school, they picked out these specific colors of yarn. Each color represents a class: Freshmen- yellow, Sophomores-red, Juniors-green, and Seniors-blue. (These are different than the school colors which are maroon and grey). 


It took me a few months to figure out what to make. I was trying to decide if I should make one small thing to represent each class or make one thing to represent all the classes? I finally decided to make a color bloc blanket.


This is an easy pattern that is great for beginners since it is done with one stitch, the single crochet stitch. Instead of mixing up the colors I decided to do a light and dark bloc of each color, before using the next color. The primary colors make the blanket bright and cheerful, and the dark edging frames the colors.
This blanket measures 48" by 39", which makes it the perfect size to take to sporting events, picnics or keep in the car for the unexpected.

You can find the Color Bloc Blanket pattern here

After completing the blanket I took it to school to show the students and they really liked it, the only question they had was why did I put the colors in that specific order and not by the classes, Senior, Junior, Sophomore, and Freshmen?

I hope you enjoy this new pattern!
Crochet on,
DA

1 comment:

  1. The yarn basket is a nice Birthday gift, and the blanket is lovely.

    ReplyDelete